The reauthorization of the unconstitutional Patriot Act was rejected days ago by the House of Representatives. Now there is an attempt to change the rules allowing a simple majority to reauthorize the law and hollow out the Bill of Rights and American freedoms. We have let Representative Gowdy know that any Republican who acquiesces to this agenda can be replaced as decisively as was his predecessor, Bob Inglis.
Please call your Congressman at (202) 225- 3121 and let him or her know that you will not tolerate elected representatives who do not respect the Constitution of the United States.
Benjamin Franklin rebuked the thinking of Big Sis and other modern totalitarians when he wrote:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
From: National Association for Gun Rights
Re: Reauthorization of the Patriot Act
They’re up to their old tricks again. Despite the message that conservatives sent to both parties in November, they’re back to business as usual in Washington D.C.
Another vote on the mis-named Patriot Act could come as early as tomorrow.
House Leadership held an emergency meeting of the powerful Rules Committee to pass a special rule concerning the Patriot Act.
The rule would allow the mis-named Patriot Act to be brought up on again as early as tomorrow, without any amendment, limit debate to only one hour and require only a simple majority to pass.
This comes on the same day the Homeland Security Czar Janet Napolitano said that the threat of terrorism is at "its most heightened state" since the 9/11 attacks due to increased concerns over “domestic” terrorists.
That means she thinks “extremists” like you and me are as great a threat to America as our sworn enemies.
Your decisive action helped block the reauthorization of the Patriot Act on Tuesday. I need you to answer the call to action again.
Please call Rep. Trey Gowdy at (202) 225-6030 and demand that they oppose this blatant attempt to ram the Patriot Act through Congress.
Reauthorization of the mis-named Patriot Act gives government jackboots more and more tools in their war on gun owners and gun rights activists, who Obamacrats smear as “Radical Extremists” and even “Domestic Terrorists.”
Some of the very worst provisions of the Patriot Act include:
- Roving, warrantless wiretaps of virtually EVERY form of electronic communication used by U.S. citizens.
- Secret federal searches without warrants OR knowledge of the resident.
- Blanket warrants for the search and seizure of all library records, without naming individual suspects or providing probable cause.
- Judicial warrants replaced with “National Security Letters” signed by unaccountable Obama Administration bureaucrats and gag orders for those served with these letters which make it illegal to tell anyone about it -- including your spouse and your priest!
- Drastic expansion of the definition of “domestic terrorism,” which is sure to include gun owners.
- Expands asset seizure to permit the taking of assets from anyone “suspected” of terrorism, even if that person is NEVER charged or sent to trial.
- Lone wolf provisions which allow the government to spy on ANYONE even if they’re not associated with a terrorist organization or foreign national, without due process or notification.
That's why you and I need to take action right now!
Please call Rep. Trey Gowdy at (202) 225-6030 and tell them to vote AGAINST reauthorization of the "Patriot" Act.
Your decisive action is imperative.
National Association for Gun Rights
P.S. A vote is scheduled for TODAY on H.R. 514:
"To extend expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and Intelligence Reform of Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004."
Please call Rep. Trey Gowdy at (202) 225-6030 and tell them to vote AGAINST reauthorizing the Patriot Act.